It’s June in Phoenix, and that means it’s hot (but not too hot), kids are out of school, and the pools and waterparks are all open and ready for some summer fun! If you’re late to the summer swim lesson sign-up, don’t worry. Survival Swim still has some openings for summer swim lessons, but don’t wait! Spots are filling up fast!
Ten reasons your child should take swimming lessons
- Swimming skills are survival skills. Arizona takes 6 out of the top 10 cities with the most backyard pools per home. If you live in the Phoenix area, summer swim lessons are a must-have for your children. It’s not a matter of “if” they’ll encounter a pool… it’s “when.” The more confidence your child has around the water, the less at-risk they are for drowning.
- Many parents who attempt to teach their kids how to swim quickly find their fun swimming time turning into a tear-filled power struggle. A swimming instructor can work through your child’s fears, so that family swimming time becomes a fun-filled experience.
- Swimming lessons happen in a safe, controlled environment and rely on proven techniques that help learners become confident swimmers.
- Small group lessons can help kids learn through peer interaction and observation without being overwhelming.
- Private lessons can help kids who struggle to master swimming skills without the added pressure of performing in front of a group.
- With Survival Swim, your child’s swimming lessons can start as young as six months old, which can significantly reduce the risk of infant drowning.
- Swimming lessons can help kids who already know the basics of swimming become stronger, more capable swimmers.
- Swimming is a great (and fun!) way to stay fit and active. Swimming lessons can lead to a lifetime of enjoyable fitness and competitive opportunities.
- Summer swim lessons give your child a chance for regular social interaction when they may be missing their daily friendship connections the most.
- Swimming lessons are survival skills! Yes, it bears repeating. Survival Swim lessons teach your child how to conserve energy and reduce the risk of drowning in a water emergency.
Book Your Summer Swim Lessons with Survival Swim
Survival Swim instructors are trained professionals who teach your Phoenix-area kids to swim in your backyard pool, a community pool, or at our home pool in Avondale. Our instructors use proven methods that give students the confidence they need to overcome their fear of the water in a safe, controlled environment. We teach swimming survival first, which means that while your swimmers will enjoy their lessons, the focus is on keeping them safer around the water, whether it’s a pool, hot tub, river, lake, or the ocean. You can choose from small group or individual lessons to suit your child’s needs, and we take students from six months old through adult and at any skill and proficiency level.
If you haven’t signed your child up for lessons yet, be sure to book soon. Our instructors are busy, but we do still have spots available!
We’re Hiring Instructors for the Summer Swim Lesson Season
Would you like to be a Survival Swim Instructor? We’re looking for instructors around the Phoenix metro area, and particularly in the East Valley, who are:
- Passionate about teaching children and keeping people safe in the water
- Reliable, self-motivated and able to work independently
- Experienced, with at least two seasons of swimming lesson instruction
- Capable of traveling around the Phoenix, with a dependable vehicle
- CPR/First Aid certified
If this sounds like you, let’s get started! Please email your resume, participate in a face-time interview, and clear our background and references check. Then you can start saving lives with the Survival Swim School team!